Recipe: Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry
Summary: This hearty vegetable curry will warm you up on cool fall days, and preparing it in the slow cooker makes it an easy weekday meal. Pack leftovers in a thermos for a nutritious school lunch.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 medium potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz cut green beans (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 14oz can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cup hot cooked rice or other grain
- In slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, garbanzo beans, green beans, onion, garlic, tapioca, curry powder, coriander, red pepper, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour broth over all.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or or on high-heat setting for 3.5 to 4.5 hours.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes.
- Cover; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Use whole grain or quinoa for optimum nutrition.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)